The days are getting shorter and temperatures getting lower, winter is approaching and the traditional season for getting the ‘common cold’ is upon us. There is no doubt that less sunlight and natural vitamin D can make us more vulnerable to infection, but this winter we are also dealing with an additional complication… Covid-19. So, as well as identifying the difference between a common cold and ‘flu, we also need to make sure that symptoms are not something more serious.
The NHS has recently produced a guide to help people identify the difference between a cold, ‘flu and Covid-19 so they can avoid the need to test unnecessarily or self-isolate. It is possible to treat the symptoms of the common cold at home.
The common cold is the most likely culprit of feeling poorly year-on-year. With the main symptoms usually much milder and more likely to accompany a runny or stuffy nose. The NHS states that with a cold there is usually a gradual onset of symptoms.
With ColdZyme®, it is possible to help protect against a cold before the virus is able to take hold. The over the counter mouth spray works by forming a fast acting protective barrier on the mucous membrane of the mouth and throat (where cold germs first take hold and multiply), making it more difficult for the cold virus to cause illness. It is the first cold protective treatment to contain the enzyme Trypsin, found in arctic deep-sea cod. Trypsin becomes highly active when it reaches to temperatures above 37 degrees (the temperature on the oral cavity), and can help protect against, or can shorten the duration of a cold if used an early stage, by acting on the virus itself ( deactivating the viruses ability to multiply in the throat and oral cavity)) instead of just helping to relieve the symptoms.
Taking ColdZyme® at the early stages of a cold, which is usually transmitted by touch and transferred through the nose and mouth, is clinically documented to help prevent the cold from developing fully. ColdZyme® can also help reduce the symptoms of a cold such as the sore throatsfrom developing. ColdZyme is clinically documented to help shorten the length and severity of a cold, so it can help you recover more quickly.
The spray is suitable for adults and children from 4 years+. One bottle of ColdZyme®20ml is enough to treat three common cold episodes.
ColdZyme® is available from Amazon, independent pharmacies and Boots stores nationwide.
Notes to Editors
- Trypsin is one of a group of cold adapted enzymes that function very effectively in the cold and are found in organisms, such as fish, that live in perpetually cold environments. Cold adapted trypsin is isolated to artic deep sea cod and was first discovered by Icelandic scientists who noticed that local fishermen and staff at fish factories had unusually soft and nicely conditioned hands, despite the harsh, cold climate and environment. With a suspicion that enzymes found in marine organisms might be the answer, further research isolated trypsin and in initial tests it showed remarkable skin caring and wound healing properties.
TIPS FOR DEALING WITH A COLD
- Make sure you get plenty of rest and sleep, giving your body time to heal.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water, juice or a honey and lemon drink to help with congestion.
- Use ColdZyme® by pointing the nozzle towards the throat and spray 2 puffs (1 dose) every two hours to help protect against infection or until the symptoms are gone.
- Central heating can make the environment dry leading to throat irritation, you could try adding a humidifier to add moisture to the air or take a steamy shower or bath to help your nasal passages.