Streamlined Containment Protocol Shaves Lead Time to Just Three Months for New Machines
Piscataway, NJ – Pharma Technology Inc. (PTI) – the global leader in tablet dedusters and capsule polishers combined with metal detectors and loading systems for pharmaceutical solid dose production – now offers a variety of modular high containment and WIP/WOL solutions for its PharmaFlex iSeries Dedusters. The newly streamlined features, including dust-tight level 3 occupation exposure banding (OEB) standard to all machines, offer modular contraction with bolts on high-containment and Washing In Place/Washing Off Line (WIP/WOL) modules (both OEB Level 5 rated).
These as well as additional modular features can be incorporated into both new and existing PharmaFlex iSeries deduster/metal detector combination units, resulting in significantly increased flexibility and time savings. In the past, a high containment or WIP/WOL unit had to be built with a special sealed cabinet requiring a six-month lead-time; the new streamlined containment protocol enables the mounting of these features on new built-in iSeries units in less than three months. Retrofitting existing iSeries dedusters can be performed in an even shorter timeframe.
Additional modular features available for Pharma Technology Inc.’s PharmaFlex iSeries Dedusters include:
- Dedicated high containment valves for tablet inlet port, air inlet port and final tablet discharge after metal detector
- HEPA air filter for air inlet
- Interchangeable elevating spiral segments with molded closed cell polymer seals that do not require removal for cleaning
- Pressure decay test (negative pressure must be maintained in deduster and metal detector for 360 seconds)
- Continuous negative pressure monitoring during operation
- Turnstile mechanism allowing for the introduction of metal detection test pieces into the metal detector chute without opening the system or breaking containment
- Automated auto-check system to continuously verify the accuracy of the metal detector head – the captive test pieces in the side channels of the round metal detector chute
- Clip & Cut continuous liner with double clip system to collect tablets rejected by metal detector
The new modular high containment WIP/WOL solutions offer simple equipment washing at the conclusion of a production batch. The WIP/WOL cart attaches to either side of the deduster/metal detector unit with triclover clamp connections. It features automated water supply and drain valves, and an automated wash sequence with complete flooding of the unit. A product-dedicated recipe washes the complete unit and, as an option, can be controlled from the tablet press interface.
“The new modular containment features for the Pharma Flex iSeries Dedusters combine safety and containment with productivity and flexibility,” said Nic Michel, General Manager, North America for Pharma Technology Inc. “Pharma Technology continues to upgrade our equipment to achieve a more efficient all-around dedusting process during all phases of operation, cleaning and changeover.”